Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Resolutions


Holy shit balls!! Two posts in one day! Crazy, I know....
Well, this is, as you can guess, about dun dun dunnnnn... RESOLUTIONS!!!  Promises we say we'll keep and never do... except now.  Here's a list of my resolutions and I hope that you and whoever else well keep my accountable.  Here we go...
Make Shit
Heard of Pinterest?  If you haven't, it's probably better that way... you don't want to get sucked in.  If you do know Pinterest, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I have all these ideas posted to my pin board and that's exactly where they stay.  I want to start doing the DIY projects and using it to spruce up my home so it looks more like home decor magazine instead of a bunch shit thrown together in a room.  Already have some ideas lined up!

Spend More Time with Bug
This probably sounds really bad when taken out of context, but it's the truth.  I do spend time with my son, but I think FEEL that I don't spend as much time with him as I would like.  And I know that one day I'm going to wake up and he'll be 18 and I will cry and mumble to myself  "Where did the time go?!"  So to avoid having any less regrets (b/c I'm sure no matter how much time I have with him, it won't feel like enough), I want to spend as much time with him as I can.  So when he is 18, instead of say "Where the time go?!", I can, hopefully, say "That was the best 18 years of my life ever!" (or something to that extent- you know what I mean).  So that will mean more trips to the park, playing cars, watching movies, coloring, reading books, etc.

Potty Train Bug
We've already started this and unless there is a freak accident, he should be potty trained by the end of 2012, but none the less it is still a goal. :)

Lose Weight (cliche)
Yes, it is cliche, but it is a goal of mine.  I hope to keep myself accountable on here by blogging about it.  Whether it be a list of what I eat and physically do, using status update pics, or whatever it is I can do to physically keep track of my progress.  There will be more blogs to follow regarding this...

Manage my Money
I am HORRIBLE with money!  It burns a hole in my pocket as soon as I get it.  AND I LOVE TO SHOP!! Online, in stores, it doesn't matter... I love it!  Seriously, I think it may have a shopping addiction.  But in all reality, it has had an impact on me managing my money.  I should have money saved up each month that is left over from paying bills and getting necessities but instead I'm living paycheck to paycheck and that's not right on so many different levels.  I haven't figured out the best way to track my management of funds but I'm working on it!

Blog More
YAY for you (and me)!  I really do wish to blog more and with my next resolution it should help me achieve this one.

Get Out More, be More Social, Reconnect with Friends
I have become a bit of a recluse/home body over the years and I've noticed it has made me (slightly) depressed.  So I'm going to change that by taking more opportunities that are presented to me and of course by reconnecting with my friends and social groups!  Hell, I may even branch out to no man's land!  We'll see what happens!

Become More Artsy
When I was younger, I used to draw ALL THE TIME.  Not to toot my own horn, but I was damn good at it.  Even got the awards to prove it. :) I miss it though and because it's been so long, I'm not anywhere as good as I used to be, which is discouraging but I know once I get back into, it'll be like I never stopped.  I want to draw again, take more pictures of my life and things surrounding it, see things through the beauty of art.  Plus I think it will be a positive outlet for me. :)

SCHOOL
I keep saying that I'm going back to school, but then get so overwhelmed about it and back out last minute.  That's going to change this year!  I intend to start school in Fall 2012.  I will keep you updated.

So, there you have it!  My resolutions.  I may think of more, so this post may be edited in the future, but for right now I am content with this list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment