Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

WTF do you mean it's not my choice to live or die?!

***DISCLAIMER*** I am not here to discuss the issue of pro-life or pro-choice, nor is this the place for you to provide your opinion on the matter.  Any and all comments regarding the matter of pro-life/choice ONLY and not in regards to what this post is about will be deleted.  Some of you may say "that's mean", but I say my blog is not a forum for political and opinionated debates, so to avoid such things... well... that would be the purpose of this disclaimer. :)  Thank you.

So, I don't know how many of you have heard about this, but I just found out about in the wee hours of the morning and couldn't wait to blog about it.  If you are not aware of the issue, you can read about it here:

Um, WHAT?!  Now when it comes to abortion, I am pro-choice.  I personally, could not even entertain the thought of abortion- I think the longest I have ever thought about it when I was pregnant was like 2 seconds.  HOWEVER, I do believe that the choice should not be taken away from anyone and that each woman has the right to entertain and follow thru with that idea, if that is their choice and I DO support that.  SO, when I read about this, I became enraged!!!  This infuriates me to no end.  This bill is not even about pro-life/choice.  This bill is pretty much saying that if you have a condition while you are pregnant, that could threaten your life, your doctor is not required BY LAW (keyword there, by law, as in not illegal) to inform you of such matters, if they believe that it could possibly lead to an abortion, in order to avoid it (obviously, this benefits pro-life doctors 100%). Oh yeah, and you, legally, cannot sue them for malpractice-BONUS!!
NOT.
Here, have a sucker.  It'll make you feel better.
UM, EXCUSE ME?! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN MY DOCTOR DOESN'T HAVE TO TELL ME THAT MY LIFE IS ENDANGERED TO AVOID AN ABORTION?!?!!?!?

FUCK YOU!!

Sorry, for the vulgarity, but come on!! This shit is outrageous!! I am not one to usually meddle in political affairs and am usually apathetic on the matter just because the world of politics is so... confusing and overwhelming to me, but if I had known about this bill, I would have been all over it!!  I definitely would have voted no on this horse shit.  I don't know what the fuck Nancy Barto was thinking when she decided to back and sponsor this bill.  Really?!  So her and everyone that helped pass this bill is ok with not informing a woman that her life is at risk just to avoid an abortion AND on top of it, if the woman does die, NO ONE could sue the doctor for malpractice because they are now covered by this bill.  Everyone out there that thought this was a good idea to pass this shit, answer me this: who the fuck is going to take care of that child if the mother dies?  Are you going to adopt that child and raise them and take care of them?  I guessing majority of you would say no. 

The whole basis behind anti abortionists is that an unborn child is a living human being whose life should not be ended based on the decision of the mother...blah,blah,blah.  But by passing this bill, you are now stating that an unborn child's life is now of more value than that of the mother's.  How can you sit there and say that an unborn child has the right to live, but a mother does not.  How can you say that an unborn child's life is more important than it's own mother's (and you can say all you want that that is not the matter on the bill, but bottom line, it is).  By taking that right away from the mother of being properly informed if their life is at risk and placing that in the hands of a doctor, whose OPINION, is more important in this matter than the fact that someone may die, is exactly that.  So you can really sit there and say an unborn child has the right to live and survive as much as someone who is already on this planet... except for the mother, her life is some how valued as less because she now does not have to LEGALLY be told that something is wrong IF it could lead to an abortion.  I said it once, and I will say it again- HORSE SHIT.

This makes me so upset (clearly)!!  I now, as a woman, feel that if I do get pregnant again, that whatever doctor I choose to see, I have to question.  I have to question what his/her intentions are, are they more concerned about my unborn child, or me, their patient?  Will they really tell me if something is wrong?  Can I trust them?  Do I have to worry about dying while in labor?  Are they going to be honest with me? 
The list could go on, and on.

Oh, and on top of this, I find it ironic that I found out on this on International Women's Day.
Come on, ladies, let's celebrate!! Can't you tell we have so much to be happy for??
Ha!! and we thought women's rights were getting better... seems to me that we might as well revert back to slavery days at this rate.

*steps off soap box*

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment